Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fonts & Feelings

After seeing all the final project from Project 3, I felt inspired to further my experimentation with type. I noticed how each type poster made me feel a certain way...not the content, but the font itself. There are so many small details that go into type. These posters could be aesthetically pleasing or not at all based on kearning,leading, font size, the strokes, brackets, the list goes on. Some posters that would normally seem cluttered to my eyes, were today seen from a new lense. I think over the course of this semester, I have truly come to appreciate small details and the look at the overall picture, rather than judging a "book by its cover". I now appreciate things that may be outside my normal clean cut look. Although I chose Didot as my typeface for my poster, I would have also liked to experiment with fonts that may not be so modern and clean cut. I really enjoyed this semester and am so grateful to have such a patient, kind, down to earth,and intelligent professor like Professor Asher. You go girl!!! If you arent inspirational..I dont know who is. But thank you for being you and serving as a positive light for many of us.

1 comment:

  1. Christa–
    I greatly appreciate your kind and enthusiastic words of support. Your positive attitude and joyful spirit greatly contributed to the courses' success. It makes me very happy to know you enjoyed the semester and found the value in "seeing", reading and designing with typography.

    I hope to see future posts of your typographic interests and creations.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete