Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sorry I'm not sorry.






This instillation can be found in a french design studio Vegetable Identity, along with many other letter sculptures with vegetation in the positive space of these art pieces. The plants dont require water or light, because they are preserved with a sugar like product. I love the font used. The fluidity of the letters, as well as the spacing, radiates a mellow, yet foreign energy. The curvature of each letter is distinct and surprisingly does not cause the art piece to be cluttered or smashed together. The font looks a little like park avenue font, except for that this font is in cursive. Those who say "Pardon my french" are actually just alluding to the fact that they just said one or many curse words, and they will continue, since those words are obviously pertinent to their story! HAHA. At least that's my take on it, when I say " Pardon my french" im actually not sorry that im cursing. Should I be sorry? I definitely think that this typeface epitomizes this phrase and those who use it.



No comments:

Post a Comment